Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dr. Sam Vaknin

Recently I received an email from someone in Canada. Not uncommon but the WARNING was. Let me explain.

In 2005 when I was busy getting divorced from my husband of 13 years, 15 by the time the divorce actually went through, I was in a place that I call hell on earth. This was my 3rd marriage and the second abusive one. I had everything materially but I had no understanding of why I had married two abusive men without realising right from the beginning. Well I did, but that is all in my book, which incidental you can still order from me if you want a copy.

During the divorce I did every single thing possible to find out more about Domestic Violence. I wanted to understand the victim and the perpetrator. I went on line daily and searched websites for information and in the process I came across a book called MALIGNANT SELF LOVE written by Dr. Sam Vaknin. His website had every single thing I ever wanted to know about NPD Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Co-Dependence, and much more. I bought the book and believe me when I say FINALLY after two abusive step fathers and two abusive husbands I found all the answers I had been searching for. NO therapist had ever told me about this NPD or even suggested that I was married to men who were Narcissists. Being narcissistic is one thing, being a narcissist is something quite different.
I contact Dr. Sam and told him I was writing a book and asked him if he would write the Introduction which he agreed to do free of charge.

The email I received recently was from someone who had been on my website and she contacted me to warn me not to get too close to Dr. Sam as he is a psycopath. I reassured her that he lives in Macedonia and I live in South Africa so there was little chance of me getting close to him. I also explained my connection to him and how incredibly helpful he had been during my long ordeal to escape for good from all the abuse I had experienced throughout my life. This person gave me a link to this interview with Dr. Sam and I thought I would share it with you, for you to make up your own mind about him and his knowledge of NPD. I hope that you find the same breakthrough that I did and many others who I have referred to his website.

http://www.couragenetwork.com/videos/view/interview-w-sam-vaknin-scholar-and-author-of-_299.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Caryl
    I just found another affliction/disorder that fit my significant other to a T. It is in wikipedia.org under 'Intermittent Explosive Disorder'. Rage was the way for no apparent reason. They say this disorder affects about 16 million people, mostly men. Just praying for women around the world who have to go through emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental anguish because of men who cannot control their abusive outbreaks. Thank you for beginning this very well needed blog.

    ReplyDelete